Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
If you have a doctorate, you can be called doctor. It's always been that way. If the person is a nurse practitioner I would think they'd be legally or ethically bound to say so, no? Like, "I'm Dr. Nina Jones, I'm a nurse practitioner with a doctorate in nutrition." Bam, problem solved.
Secret Agent @BookSellerX
The ‘doctor of nursing practice’ will see you now
10:01 AM - Nov 15, 2023
10:04 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Veve Pat
A
We in healthcare continue to make problems for ourselves. As a RN around 2007 we changed scrub colors because we were told patients were confused with who was the CNA vs the RN. When I started as a NP most of the patients even after correction would say “you’re just like a doctor. Continue
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
10:26 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Tammy Hodgkinson
A
In response to Veve Pat.
I struggle with what to call the growing number of NPs. I’m old enough for it to feel disrespectful to call ppl w/ extra credentials and authority by their first name. Plus, they’re often women, & it minimizes professional women to use their first names, which happens all too often anyway.
10:44 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Veve Pat
A
In response to Tammy Hodgkinson.
I understand how you feel and appreciate wanting to honor but health care to me and maybe I’m old school is about supporting a person at their worse. It is an honor if I can help you feel better, if I get you the right help. My degree is to confirm I do no harm.
👩🏽‍⚕️
10:55 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Veve Pat
A
In response to Veve Pat.
In the last few years a seed of discourse has been planted against NP/PAs and now they want another color scrubs
10:29 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Veve Pat.
I remember the scrub color change.

Patients want to be heard and receive the best care. They are looking for titles and honorifics. Doctors are just mad because they think someone is getting more attention and respect than them. Nothing else makes sense.
10:29 AM - Nov 15, 2023
Veve Pat
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Forgot:
Happy NP week
10:32 AM - Nov 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}