Randy Bachman
A
thread 1/5
Fellow musicians, Let's talk vintage gear & recording equipment. What have you used and loved? Drop in the comments below. Here are a few faves of mine:
1) The Trident A range board pictured here; a board I've used and loved in the past. The sound is incredible.
09:28 AM - Nov 17, 2023
Randy Bachman
A
thread 2/5
This one is at Studio Bell / National Music Centre.
2) I've used Studers, Revox & Tascams analog recorders.
But many of those machines are pretty worn out now and I only use them for echo because it's hard to get tape and new equipment that can produce that sound.
Randy Bachman
A
thread 3/5
But I love them & think younger musicians don't really appreciate the distortion like we do. For anyone wondering what that looks like, here's a Revox Tape Deck.
3) This came out of Century 21 Studios in Winnipeg to Thunder Bay & Brave Belt used it the most.
Randy Bachman
A
thread 4/5
I did an 8 track guitar recording on it for Chad Allen's solo record which I eventually took to Phil Ramone's A&R Studios in New York.
Funny side story, I worked with an interesting engineer there named Elliot Scheiner who when he heard I was from Canada asked if I'd ever seen a cow.
Randy Bachman
A
thread 5/5
I said, " yes, of course.
I've milked one. Why?" He told me he had never been outside of a few block radius his entire life. Funny guy and great talented mixer. Those early recordings between Chad and I resulted in Brave Belt being formed.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}