Kathy Lehr
A
What to buy the grandkids (ages 1,3,4) for Xmas when their parents tell us they have too many toys and they prefer experiences (ie money/gift cards) ?

My response: Sure
Reality: probably still some toys
11:56 AM - Nov 17, 2023
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
In response to Kathy Lehr.
And they will no doubt love the toys! But experiences are awesome. A family zoo membership (and go with them!) or whatever they'd use along those lines gives them the gift of your time as well!
02:13 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Kathy Lehr
A
In response to hmmwrites (Heather's version).
Thank you! I agree! We’ve given them a zoo membership the last couple years and will probably do so again this year. But I have to see their reaction to opening something fun. (They’re too young to appreciate the membership or know what it even means)
05:51 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Kathy Lehr.
I will say this I remember the outings with my Grandparents much more than the toys & money they ever gave me. They were amazing. My Grandma taught school for over 50 years. The first 25 in NYC. She finally retired at 70. She lived to be almost 94. Time spent with them is BETTER than money spent. ☮️
02:02 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Kathy Lehr
A
In response to Yvette.
You are so fortunate to have that time with your grandparents!

My advice to young people: Visiting your parents/grandparents mean the world to them now and will mean the world to you later.
05:54 PM - Nov 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}