David August
A
Is the SAG-AFTRA Tentative Agreement Supposed to Save Us From AI? It only needs to do its part.

Read more here: https://bit.ly/AIcontractS...
#ActorsStrike #SAGAFTRAStrike #SAGAFTRAstrong #UnionStrong #u1 #movies #tv #film #television #entertainment #contract
03:47 AM - Nov 17, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to David August.
Really not encouraged by anything I read on it. #ai is a disaster for artists of all kinds.
I appreciate the points you're making, but I worry that giving *any* leeway to AI will mean it's officially too late.
03:49 AM - Nov 17, 2023 (Edited)
David August
A
Right now we have total leeway, with no protections, no consent and no compensation at all. Is there any contract we can even imagine that would take away all leeway?
In response to Nevada Jones.
05:52 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to David August.
Well, I think there's maybe a place for AI in film if someone is making an epic movie and needs to have umpteen gazillion people in the background in a scene. That's leeway I'd be OK with. But otherwise, background actors, as well as stars, need all-encompassing protections from the whole AI thing.
07:44 PM - Nov 18, 2023
Nevada Jones
A
In response to Nevada Jones.
*And that's generous, by my standard. My views on it are really more in line with Justine Bateman's -- she's pretty active in interviews and social media on the topic, too, as I imagine you've seen.
07:46 PM - Nov 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}