Hilla
A
I finally watched the last episode of Reservation Dogs and one scene really highlighted that but really the whole episode. It's still painful but looking at it this way helps. I see my mom in the clouds since she lived them so. Thanks to both of you and everyone else sharing their thoughts.
Melinda Nowikowski @mnowikowski
My non-afterlife-believing heart knows as long as somebody remembers you, you're not completely gone. All those people you remember - they're still there with you.
09:11 PM - Nov 16, 2023
09:59 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Hilla.
My sympathies - Mom's gone, too, in 2019. There's a long thread about her around here, somewhere, I did a one about her on Mother's Day, IIRC, then reposted it recently in response to a prompt about people we'd lost.
11:21 PM - Nov 16, 2023
Hilla
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
Thank you, and sorry about your mom. I will check your posts and read about her. Saying good night now though. Take care.
11:31 PM - Nov 16, 2023 (Edited)
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Hilla.
Thanks - unlike losing my brother at 54, Mom was 88 and her knees hurt all the time, even when she was sitting still, so she was miserable. She'd said she was ready to go, so while it was sad, as I told Mr. N - no matter where she is, it's a better place.
01:04 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Hilla
A
It's good she was ready. My mom was too. Once in the hospital she told the nurse she was ready to ascend (to heaven) & we all had a laugh.

I'm really sorry about your brother. He was so young. Sending love your way.
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
10:32 PM - Nov 17, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Hilla.
Thanks. Mom was sorting laundry, apparently, since my brother-in-law found her sitting in front of two baskets with a pile of clothes at her feet. The comfort I have with my brother is, he clearly didn't expect it either, judging from the surroundings. As long as they didn't suffer, I can deal.
11:41 PM - Nov 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}