Teresa Howick
A
I failed. I fucked up. All the calmness I had re my dad and his abusive ways, all the work I’ve done to be above it, I let myself get pulled in again. Damn it. He came out of the blue with an accusation and I just couldn’t take it anymore. I failed. And yelled with my kids in the house. I’m shaking
03:14 PM - Nov 19, 2023
SueBee Honey
A
In response to Teresa Howick.
1st, I don't believe you failed. A slip is NOT a total fail! We all slip back into our old ways from time to time. It happens.
Step back. Give yourself some Grace. You deserve it. You've worked hard & will get yourself right back on an even keel soon. I'm wrapping you in a huge hug.
03:34 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Teresa Howick
A
In response to SueBee Honey.
I really appreciate that thank you 😊
05:37 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Debbie Lu
A
I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. It always makes me madder at myself than at them when someone pushes just the right button too. Your reaction is not a failure. It is a teachable moment for you to use to build resilience in your kids. Deep breath. Forgive yourself. You got this.
03:20 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Teresa Howick
A
In response to Debbie Lu.
Thank you ❤️
03:22 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
it’ll be ok. think about yr father the way alcoholics must think about alcohol. the goal is 2 stay sober. sometimes that goal is not met, but tomorrow is day 1 of reaching that goal. if your kids seem upset, tell them that their grandfather makes you very angry & today he hurt your feelings & it’s
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
ok to feel angry about that. kids are family, so no need to keep family secrets away from them. hugs.
03:21 PM - Nov 19, 2023
Brooksie
A
Gosh I was just thinking about how I failed at the same thing about 25 years ago. I don’t have the answer but I do know you need to give yourself a break and kudos for trying to be the best you. Sorry you are feeling this pain.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}