Miriam
A
Exact sentiment I was trying to convey the other day. People need to be more cognizant of their privilege and empathetic when discussing Dems in red states and not so dismissive.
Elijah Manley @ielijahmanley
Stop telling people in Florida to just move. Moving is expensive and not everyone can afford to leave and start everything over. I’m also not going to just move from my home, where I have grown and loved because a fascist dictator wants me to. I’m fighting to take back my home.
02:25 PM - Mar 01, 2023
04:13 PM - Mar 01, 2023 (Edited)
Ecostarr
A
In response to Miriam.
While I 100% agree with this sentiment, some should probably move to a blue state for their own safety. Trans ppl will be in great danger in red states, either bc they won't be able to get the healthcare they need or bc GOP is actively encouraging ppl to murder them
11:56 AM - Mar 13, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Miriam.
I actually think this is their end game - to get Democrats to move out of the state so it becomes solidly red.
09:22 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Mary B
A
In response to Miriam.
I get that too, except I’m in Texas. Don’t want to move so trying to make it better.
05:08 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Laura Marlin
A
In response to Miriam.
Thank you, Miriam! I live in Florida, and it is discouraging to have people tell me to simply move. My kids and grandkids live here. What? Give up our homes, jobs, friends and up and move? Go where? With what income? It's not a practical solution. We need help here!
04:22 PM - Mar 01, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Laura Marlin.
I'm sorry people are so dismissive. I do believe and hope the majority of people are fully empathetic to the struggle and want to support in any way
04:25 PM - Mar 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}