Babs
A
thread 1/3
Thanksgiving dinner was a little different this year. My dad passed away in September and my mom passed away in October. Today was spent with just my husband and youngest son. I made some different dishes and a couple of old favorites.
12:23 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Babs
A
thread 2/3
Dinner was served on Mom's china she bought piece by piece from the grocery store when I was little. Does anyone remember that being a thing? I remember it so clearly. Water and wine were drunk from Dad's Lenox crystal. He was so proud of those glasses.
Babs
A
thread 3/3
I am truly grateful to have these and I only cried for the first five or ten minutes of dinner. I plan to use them often.
Babs
A
I'm sorry for your losses as well. I'm glad you were able to share the day with your sister. We moved to the West Coast two years ago (my family is in the south) and it's been good, but the distance can be hard. Best of luck!
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
01:11 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Babs.
Thanks - my niece lives in Colorado, she very much wants my sis and BIL to move out there. He'd like to, but she's being stubborn. We're moving to NM, where some of my cousins live, so I'll have family, just not as close. I just want a warmer place without all the stairs - my knees are getting bad.
01:17 AM - Nov 24, 2023
Babs
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
We lived in the Boulder area before moving to CA for my husband's work. We loved CO! Being from the south I thought it would be too cold, but the weather is perfect there. Our youngest son lives in LA, so it's nice being close to him. We love NM too!
01:23 AM - Nov 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}