Suzanne Brockmann
A
I'm watching Oscar nom movies & I have thoughts, the first being WTF?! I went in already having seen EEAAO (which I LOVED LOVED LOVED!!), but now I've seen ALL QUIET (fuuuuck), BANSHEES (yeah, I DNF when the first finger hit the door because fuuuuck), ELVIS (I'd already seen, it was... fine)
02:31 PM - Feb 01, 2023
Cheerful Corvid
A
In response to Suzanne Brockmann.
Banshees traumatized my dad or something
He sat down and insisted on describing the whole movie to me
Like... "Your mother made me watch this movie... it was terrible. I have to tell you about it. You should not ever see it. But you're going to hear about it"
Sat there like 😳😧😲
05:39 AM - Feb 09, 2023
optiMSTie
A
I am rooting SO MUCH for EEAAO to take anything that it can. My favorite film experience of 2022, and it really went above and beyond.

Banshees was sharp, too, although I was especially loving its Carter Burwell score and that production design.
01:29 PM - Feb 02, 2023
Suzanne Brockmann
A
In response to optiMSTie.
I am so on Team EEAAO! (I wanted to love Banshees because I love the writer and loved In Bruges so much, but I just couldn't watch. Too many hot buttons for me.)
02:04 PM - Feb 02, 2023
Maite Chaves Penna
A
I loved Banshees because I like how Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleason play off each other, like they did In Bruges. And it’s a great cast. But since it’s a Martin McDonagh film I was not surprised by the gory part.
02:54 PM - Feb 01, 2023
Suzanne Brockmann
A
In response to Maite Chaves Penna.
I hear you, but the gore hit my hot buttons, so I noped out!
02:46 PM - Feb 02, 2023
Suzanne Brockmann
A
(Baby's first real Spoutible thread!)
I'm talking Oscar nom best pics AKA the fuuuuck-list.

Continuing, I've seen FABELMANS (who is the main character, I'm BORED as fuuuuck.)

TAR. (fuuuuck! Oh no. Nope.)

TopGun. (I didn't hate it but it's not even in the league 5 tiers below EEAAO so WTFuu
02:36 PM - Feb 01, 2023
Suzanne Brockmann
A
Hahaha that last spout cut off nicely.

So the best pic noms I haven't seen are:

Avatar (I didn't see the 1st, please don't make me watch this, fuuuck...)

Triangle of Sadness 😳 (whispers: fuuuuck!)

Women Talking (Not available for streaming and I don't go to movie theatres because covid,
02:43 PM - Feb 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}