Rev. Magdalen
A
MAGAts don't tell their conspiracy stories because they believe them. They tell those stories because that's what would need to be true in order to justify what they're going to do next.
07:18 AM - Mar 02, 2023
The Art of Being Dave
A
In response to Rev. Magdalen.
💯 Although the latest behind closed doors bites of MTG leads me to believe that she believes a good part of it. Boebert as well. If you're sitting on a congressional committee and you're spewing nonsense, you're either openly disrespecting the office you're in, or you actually believe it.
07:25 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Rev. Magdalen
A
In response to The Art of Being Dave.
I think they're true believers in the idea that they're doing Spiritual Warfare and saving America from all of us terrible people who want to teach tolerance and diversity, and their true belief in that makes them feel it's ok to tell whatever lies are necessary to take power.
07:33 AM - Mar 02, 2023
The Art of Being Dave
A
In response to Rev. Magdalen.
Agreed. But belief in the mission does not always mean belief in the mythology behind the mission. Most of the fatuous gum-flappers in congress don't believe any of this nonsense but they echo it to get support from those that do. Integrity is not their currency.
07:43 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Rev. Magdalen
A
That's a really interesting idea, that they believe in the mission but not the mythology. Thanks for giving me something to think about!
In response to The Art of Being Dave.
07:52 AM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}