Benjamin Wittes
A
Hey folks, I made this video last weekend at the russian embassy in Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/wa...
A Year of War: A Laser Essay (Год войны: обращение к послу РФ и россиянам) - YouTube

I projected this essay, in English and in Ukrainian, at a candlelight vigil organized by US Ukrainian Activists, Razom for Ukraine, and United Help Ukraine a...

08:11 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
In response to Benjamin Wittes.
I projected an essay, in English and in Ukrainian, at a candlelight vigil organized by US Ukrainian Activists, Razom for Ukraine, and United Help Ukraine at the russian embassy on the evening of Friday, February 23, 2023—the eve of the one-year anniversary of the start of the full-scale invasion.
08:12 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
It means a great deal to me because it involves the first-hand account of a Bucha survivor. I would appreciate people sharing it on whatever platforms they may use.
08:12 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
The essay is by a woman named Katya Savchenko, whom I met virtually a few months ago when I read her diary of surviving the occupation of Bucha. I got in touch with her in response and asked her to come on my occasional live podcast show, #LiveFromUkraine .
08:13 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
The audio voicing is by Luda Huntsman. The musical score was created for my friends at Goat Rodeo by the Attacca Quartet. Avery Schmitz operated #LordLaser in the live production. My deep thanks to everyone involved, including the audience members who sent
08:13 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
me still images and video footage from the scene, many of which I have incorporated into this video.

I want to stress that the “Z” and “V” spotlights in the background were not projected by my team. They are the russian embassy’s own spotlights, turned on to try to drown out our own spotlights.
08:14 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Benjamin Wittes
A
I don’t project swastikas, and I don’t project the “Z” symbol either. Please ignore them.

Please share on whatever platforms you may use.
08:14 AM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}