Nancy M
A
So true! And I'll add to it news organizations posting erroneous headlines as clickbait and people not reading past the headlines, thus believing the lie simply because the "reliable" news source posted it (and it's not just Fox that's guilty of this). It's all about clicks, ratings, and greed!
09:12 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to Nancy M.
Counterpoint: not all. Multiple outlets regularly publish/air extensive articles/interviews. If we neglect to note that, we're more likely to instill cynicism (and complacency) as opposed to engaged citizenship.
10:27 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Nancy M
A
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
True, not all. But some still use clickbait to get readers to that article or "cliff hanger" tactics before commercials to get people to stay tuned for the actual story or interview. If you turn off or stop reading at that point, the viewer doesn't actually get the facts.
10:33 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Nancy M
A
In response to Nancy M.
During my years teaching college and university level courses, I mainly taught Research Writing and Critical thinking. It's amazing how so many people just lack that skill nowadays.
09:19 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Kinzie Mat
A
In response to Nancy M.
For-Profit “news” (& the corresponding dumbing down of its viewers) has certainly had an incredible influence over America’s downfall 😢
09:17 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Nancy M
A
In response to Kinzie Mat.
Ratings=$$$ so no one takes responsibility to change what they're doing, even if it's hurting everyone in the process
09:25 AM - Mar 02, 2023
TheNurseIsIn
A
In response to Nancy M.
💯 agree. I almost feel like if people are going to post a link to an article, they should be forced to actually READ it before posting.
09:16 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Nancy M
A
In response to TheNurseIsIn.
Exactly! And then others read the headline and share, again without reading the article.
09:22 AM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}