Benedict Scott
A
CRISPR is legitimately a revolution, but at a million dollars a pop, this seems more like a trial before rolling out a wave of medical breakthroughs for the ridiculously rich.
12:21 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Benedict Scott.
New tech always starts out very expensive;
then costs crash on an exponential downward curve

The initial high cost is not a problem here

What would be a problem is players in our broken healthcare system intervening to halt that curve

Banning it does nothing good, it only puts our country behind
01:02 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
Having been on the receiving end of horrible health insurance for the last decade plus, I have my doubts this type of treatment will ever trickle down to the affordable realm.

Also, I know people say this, but it’s really not true - insulin, broken arm, doc visit - all more expensive as time moves.
In response to Jim Plunkett.
04:08 PM - Nov 28, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Benedict Scott.
Exactly makes my point - the natural progression of prices based on technology adoption curves (greater experience leads to improvements, economies of scale, etc.) is actively halted by the broken US medical complex

Meanwhile, we're not the only country on the planet...
05:28 PM - Nov 28, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
When people profit from the illness of others you will never be well. It is a sickness management system not health care. That is why I have almost every $ of my savings invested in a miracle drug. Watching my elderly Dad age backward and my grand dog conquering lymphoma, and pain mgmnt. Weed heals
05:44 PM - Nov 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}