Adrienne
A
It's been pretty much this whole month that I've been waking up in a panic attack or near one. Always around 3-4AM. What are your favorite #SelfSoothing strategies? Testing season always brings unhealthy levels of stress to a pinnacle this time of year.

#SelfRegulation #anxiety #actuallyautistic
06:06 AM - Mar 01, 2023
T1nA_
A
In response to Adrienne.
Three long, deep breaths, while mentally reminding myself that I'm ok and I've got it under control. The breathing is something that I learned works really well for me because having to focus on slowing my breathing interrupts the panic cycle.
06:57 AM - Mar 01, 2023
Adrienne
A
In response to T1nA_.
Thank you! Yes, this! I've also started to increasingly use this exercise to "reset" my vagus nerve. I do feel a difference (somatically) when I do it & thought I'd share the 60s version (but takes longer the first time). https://youtube.com/shorts/DY1lZXEOGXA?feature=share
07:17 AM - Mar 02, 2023
T1nA_
A
Thank you so much for that link because it worked! That is going to become part of my every day routine. I'm also going to share it with my daughter and bff because we all suffer with migraines. You are awesome!!
In response to Adrienne.
11:13 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Adrienne
A
In response to T1nA_.
Happy you were able to get some relief! I'm a firm believer in sharing - help pay it forward! 💗
11:46 PM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}