Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 1/13
I am broken thinking tomorrow is the anniversary, hardly an apt descriptor for something so supremely heartbreaking, nonetheless it was on December 1, 2008 one of the greatest loves of my life was in the friendship I shared with my beautiful friend Anthony Ottaviano who was senselessly gunned down
08:22 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 2/13
& left to die in a parking garage while protecting his then girlfriend from one of her clients who was stalking her & he took the bullet intended for her & the coward who killed him shot himself to evade capture..
This is the last surviving photo left of the two of us one I cherish..
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 3/13
Anthony was as beautiful a man on the inside as he was on the outside.. His life ended in heroism but became a huge scandalous story because of the nature of the events leading to his murder soon overshadowed the fact he literally stepped in front of a bullet to save another human being..
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 4/13
I have one consoling thought today in all of my grief which is this, people seem to always say after a loved one's passing words to the effect of "if only I had told him/her /them how much I loved them, how much they meant to me.."
08:24 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 5/13
I know that there was never one time when we were together that I didn't make Anthony blush with my adoration of him and that I didn't care if he was straight, gay or bisexual or anything in between I loved him tremendously..
08:26 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 6/13
He would always, without exception, start turning bright red as if he had never been told such things fore on top of everything beautiful he was inside & out he was extremely modest about himself which was yet another remarkable trait for a guy who quite literally could have dated any man or woman o
08:26 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 7/13
I am not one for crying I thought I was all done with that emotion that is until this day rolls around each year and I feel like I cannot breath when I think of his senseless loss.. He was just 40 years old with a lifetime ahead of him snatched away in the cruelest of ways..
08:35 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 8/13
I cannot get the image of him lying their alone in the dark of night on the ice cold pavement knowing he was dying & praying for the aid she never called for until the next day... How do you forgive this..?
08:35 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 9/13
I have indeed survived more horrors in my life then most anybody could even conceive of in their own but the thing about abuse is if it is all one knows, if it is how one understands the world then it is no different then someone who was only raised in love & kindness it what is familiar to to us, i
08:47 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 10/13
it is all we know.. Anthony was the one man who made me realize I was worthy, I was intelligent, that I was even attractive & he did tis because he saw in me what I was unable to see in myself and he would never let me think otherwise..
08:48 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 11/13
And in his murder I feel I somehow let him down.. I knew I should have spoken out about her after meeting just the one time I knew she would be the ruin of him.. She was using him it was plain and painfully obvious he was a wealthy white shoe lawyer which she exploited for money & he died bc of it..
08:51 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 12/13
Oh God I ought not to have sued his entire name like this...
09:10 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
thread 13/13
I remember how I would just sit and be in absolute awe that this man even looked at twice let alone felt he needed to be punished for his feelings for me.. I was unworthy of his love in the end because I failed him in staying silent.. I could not find the words to make his pain go away...
09:23 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
My entire life has literally been spent surviving the near murder at the hands of my own sick mother, then surviving the state, the foster care, then one abusive relationship after another until their was Anthony.. He never has a cross word or look with me, he loved me but for his fear of reprisals
In response to Twilightzonejem.
09:48 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Twilightzonejem
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
You are a strong person and are out there to help others...stay strong
10:21 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Twilightzonejem.
My inner fortitude has been the universal result of a life of surviving horror after horror and in this one man my life so changed so dramatically just by knowing him & being near him in whatever capacity I was able to & then for this one iota of happiness to be ripped away in an unthinkable way..
10:25 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
The way he'd always say "Yes dear.." with that touch of sarcasm wrapped in truth as I vetted him like an old scrub woman.. He'd just laugh his cocky little laugh at me knowing he'd made me insane again because I knew he was laughing at how silly I was being despite how serious I imagined myself ..
09:52 AM - Nov 30, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
We would have eventually found a way to be together either in secret or out I really did not care because he was worth knowing in whatever manner I could have him.. He made me feel shiny & beautiful without so much as saying a word.. The way he looked at me, the wry crooked smile he had for my jokes
09:50 AM - Nov 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}