Qest
A
Ah, so you don’t see a difference between getting arrested and getting taken hostage?
Madies Scythian @Madies
Not familiar with..?
"According to the IDF, some 2,100 Palestinians have been arrested in the West Bank amid the ongoing war in Gaza"
https://www.timesofisrael....
11:21 AM - Nov 30, 2023
02:57 PM - Nov 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (FalseProphet) can see their posts

Qest
A
In response to Max Prophet.
I think we call the Israeli government a government because they govern a successful democracy and their army wear uniforms, etc. Hamas labels themselves terrorists by their declarations, statements, and actions. It’s not that we just call them differently out of bias.
03:44 PM - Nov 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (FalseProphet) can see their posts

Qest
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Is that more accurate? By the same logic what country isn’t an apartheid government? For example, USA still discriminates against people of color and women, so is USA an apartheid government?
04:15 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
Black people are not second class citizens in *law*. They are not held in open air prisons.

There's lots wrong with how the US handles black and brown folks but it's *massively* disingenuous to call the US apartheid.

Not so for Israel.
04:20 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Qest
A
I honestly don’t know, but couldn’t a Gazan, pre-Oct. 7, travel to the West Bank? Could they then not cross into Jordan and from there travel anywhere in the world?
In response to Dark Souled.
04:32 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Dark Souled
B
In response to Qest.
NO! They do not have the freedom to travel!

It's fucking apartheid!!
01:03 AM - Dec 01, 2023
Qest
A
In response to Dark Souled.
Again, I ask out of ignorance, but what prevents them from going to Egypt, and if they are prevented from going to Egypt, then isn’t that Egypt’s fault?
07:09 AM - Dec 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}