Liza
A
Uncontested elections are a problem where I live. This past November I only had one Dem to choose from but there were 5 elections taking place. 4 automatically went to Republicans.
https://open.substack.com/pub/davidpepper/p/the-clock-is-ticking?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
04:42 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Carol Butler
A
In response to Liza.
Who’s trying to recruit people to run? That needs to be a local effort. Maybe State Democratic Party needs more people involved.
05:03 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Liza
A
In response to Carol Butler.
I can’t speak for all places but Dems have dropped the ball on a lot of small towns. I’ve seen my county (I’m in Central NY) go from Purple to Red in less than a decade. The Dems in office spend their time focused on NYC and little by little Republicans are chipping away in small towns.
05:25 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Carol Butler
A
But what about the Democrats not in office? The ones that organize local events and coordinate canvassing with all the campaigns? My understanding is that is where the work is done, not by the elected reps.
In response to Liza.
05:43 PM - Nov 30, 2023
Liza
A
In response to Carol Butler.
We don’t have that here because if we did I’d volunteer. What’s crazy is when Obama was running I was living in KY. A pretty small town & definitely a place he was not going to win but there was a Military base there so he had people on the ground & I volunteered. There’s a base here but no Dems.
05:52 PM - Nov 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}