Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
“I’m going to be late, I’m stuck in traffic …”

No, you literally are traffic. Just one of the million commuters, all stuck together. It’s simple physics.

And the most effective way to reduce the number of cars in front of you Is to convert them to bicycles. Bike lanes are a win for drivers.
Bruno and Augie’s Dad @SteveOD
I will never understand the lack of support for cycling infrastructure. If you like to ride your bike, it’s a no-brainer. But if you hate riding your bike, it’s also a no-brainer, because the more people on bikes in their own lane, the fewer cars in front of you while you’re driving.
10:28 AM - Dec 02, 2023
10:36 AM - Dec 02, 2023
April ZinniaHouse
A
I love the idea of more bike lanes. But the majority of Americans don't live close enough to their job to ride a bike there. bike lanes will help for a few people who can afford to live near their workplace. But the rest of us need a drastic expansion of public transit.
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
10:55 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to April ZinniaHouse.
11:21 AM - Dec 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to April ZinniaHouse.
But those with one hour commutes are stuck behind people getting on at exit 101 and getting off at exit 102. It is still a net benefit for everyone, Not just those who can afford e-bikes or those who can afford to live close to where they work.
11:20 AM - Dec 02, 2023
April ZinniaHouse
A
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
I agree. And I don't know why it's so hard for us to do both. My neighborhood fought 10 yrs just to get a sidewalk to the main road! I only meant that bike lanes might provide some relief, but won't come close to curing the issue. For example, nobody I work with lives within 15 miles of our office.
12:02 PM - Dec 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}