Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
I'm only going to say this once and @ your moms with any bullshit. You can be fervently pro-Palestinian people and state and not be an anti-semite. You can be anti-Zionist and not be an anti-semite. You can be anti-Israeli government and not be an anti-semite.
10:37 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
The word is too often used to silent the voices of protest and dissent. And I've seen it double for Black people in the last decade. Post Trayvon, post Ferguson, post-Black Lives Matter, there are those who are pissed that many Black Americans have "shifted sympathies" to the Palestinian people.
10:39 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
And as usual, the powerful can use words in attempts to stop movements in their tracks. Words first, violence second. So the word anti-semite is increasingly being weaponized. It's always been a hot potato to throw at someone, but used to be you actually had to say something sketch for it come out.
10:40 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
It isn't that way anymore. Often now it's not a signal to check someone who's dangerous but an anchor around the neck of someone trying to speak of the humanity of some and the brutality of others. Anyway, let me stop before I get in trouble. Just be careful how you use words as weapons.
10:43 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
With some people, their thoughts and intentions are very clear. With others, you may have to ask more questions or look deeper. Folks don't always have the exact right words for what they want to express and how they feel. Check on that before you use words as bullets in the oppressor's gun.
10:45 AM - Dec 04, 2023
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Yes, we all need to think twice before saying anything and choose our words carefully. And give other people some space before we jump all over them.
12:26 PM - Dec 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}