Dalton N. Drake
A
My wife's grandmother (which makes her MY grandmother too) was slated for heart surgery on Tuesday. On Wednesday we got news that she had to go back to surgery. I took off today to support her. Her work, however, responded w/ "Sorry about your grandma, but we need you to come in." I was livid. (1/3)
08:27 PM - Mar 02, 2023 (Edited)
Dalton N. Drake
A
In response to Dalton N. Drake.
I told her she could quit right now if she wanted to. I'd take care of us. I'm so sick of these companies treating us like cogs. She works full time with no benefits, no PTO, and no chance of working remote (which is what she asked for today and was told in her job interview she'd be able to. (2/3)
08:31 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Dalton N. Drake
A
Workers need more power. They make up the majority of this country, they make everything go. People like my dad who is working 6 days a week now and can't take vacation. People like my wife who had to take a job to keep us off the street. The bootstrap narrative has crippled us, and it needs to die.
08:38 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Obi
A
The job market is too good to be treating people like shit. I hope she finds something bigger, better and remote. Best of luck to your family.
09:18 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Dalton N. Drake
A
Thank you, Obi. A job at Target across the street would be better than what they are offering. She mainly took the job because she thought it would be interesting and she could learn some skills. It's sad because she's so good at everything and they just can't stop being terrible. 🫠
In response to Obi.
10:03 PM - Mar 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}