Michal Spocko
A
thread 1/5
If #ElonMusk doesn't want to appeal to advertisers, & is willing to lose money in the process, then he must have a different goal.
If his investors don't care about the money, & he doesn't want to change his views, then no PR campaign will bring back advertisers.
03:53 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Michal Spocko
A
thread 2/5
Here's a clip from the TV series Action where Peter Dragon (Jay Mohr) tells PR woman Connie Hunt (Amy Aquino) he'll write a check to sick kids thinking it will fix his bad image following his horrible comments. #Twitter #X #Musk
03:53 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Michal Spocko
A
thread 3/5
"After Musk’s Profane Anti-Advertiser Tirade, Billionaire Investor Bill Ackman Comes to His Defense: ‘We All Should Be Grateful That X Is Owned by Musk’
"I think he is entirely correct..." Ackman
https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/musk-advertisers-go-f-yourself-bill-ackman-1235816126/
04:00 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Michal Spocko
A
thread 4/5
“I thought @elonmusk ’s interview with andrewrsokin was one of the great interviews ever,” Ackman wrote in a post on X after the DealBook Summit
“Musk is a free speech absolutist which I respect. I think he is entirely correct that he and X are treated unfairly and inconsistently by advertisers.”
04:06 PM - Dec 06, 2023
Michal Spocko
A
thread 5/5
In Ackman’s view, “If Bob Iger would carefully examine the facts, he would likely continue to advertise on X, but Disney caves to public pressure rather than do the right thing.
04:07 PM - Dec 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}