Carol D ☮️
A
Definitely not in its original form. Time and perspective invariably change our view of history. Once a certain generation is gone it’s no longer personal, but that doesn’t necessarily change its importance. It’s becoming a historical event rather than an experienced one.
Ground Control @MrTCB15
"December 7, 1941...a date which will live in infamy..."

But now that this century has served up its own horrors and the WWII generation is mostly gone, does the memory of that long ago attack still live?
11:15 AM - Dec 07, 2023
11:21 AM - Dec 07, 2023 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
In response to Carol D ☮️.
Best answer I've heard yet!
11:23 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
In response to Ground Control.
Thanks! It’s funny, because I had actually been thinking about this very thing this morning, so your spout was perfectly timed.
11:27 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
This day always makes me think of my father's father, who drove a tank for Patton. He won four Bronze Stars that none of us found out about until after he died. I still miss him.
11:28 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
Wow! That’s amazing. Thanks to him for his service, and sorry for your loss. I get the impression it was probably a while ago, but clearly he was important to you and stays with you.
In response to Ground Control.
11:35 AM - Dec 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
Right on all counts...lost him the week before Easter in 2005. Some days, I'm glad he never got to see the horrors of the Great Recession, Trump or COVID. Him watching W was bad enough.
11:41 AM - Dec 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}