Salma Typhii
A
Straight fucking evil. And probably responsible for a good % of homelessness
Young Lesbian Dre @undrea2000
This some bullshit right here. Not surprised though. The US real estate market is not well regulated at all.

https://www.propublica.org...
05:23 PM - Dec 09, 2023
05:32 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
I wonder how this is affecting smaller cities and metro areas.

One of my PA-based FB groups has been talking recently about how rents have increased dramatically in Allentown/Bethlehem and State College. Lower-income people are being pushed further out to rural PA, displacing folks in small towns.
06:01 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
My suspicion is yes based on the struggles trying to rent in Flagstaff. No one would say how much the rent would be in January or how many units would be available. There is no reason that information wasn't easily on hand and available unless it is on-the-spot pricing
In response to Socio-gen.
06:07 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Socio-gen
A
The other thing that's telling to me is that they don't care about turnover. Normally, high turnover is a sign of a bad complex and landlords want to avoid that.

But with this deal, why would they? They make their money on the rent, plus security deposits (and probably application fees).
07:29 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Socio-gen.
Bingo! They make $ even if they don't rent to you!
07:33 PM - Dec 09, 2023
Socio-gen
A
Yeah, the idea that a property manager can't tell you what the rent will be in a month or so?! That's some Uber-style "surge pricing' shit.
07:26 PM - Dec 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}