Just_Jan
A
thread 1/7
We are traveling the South in our camper, hopping from park to park to enjoy the view and a bit better weather than at home. We love to walk the parks (easier than hiking trails for our aging bodies) and enjoy the views and sounds. There are very few people in the parks we go to this time of year.
08:10 AM - Dec 11, 2023
Just_Jan
A
thread 2/7
At this current park we encountered campers struggling with a situation. We walked by initially, heard the man saying frustratedly, “I can’t do it, I don’t know what I’m doing”. In his frustration he was spinning tires, kicking up gravel, struggling to keep his truck running. After we finished.
Just_Jan
A
thread 3/7
Walking his loop, we paused and asked each other “should we help”. We didn’t know what the problem was (there were multiple) but we sorta know what we are doing. We opted to help. We did what we could (we are not mechanically minded, but his truck is old, and has problems moving in reverse, the
Just_Jan
A
thread 4/7
Camper is old and made of steal (it seemed) and was heavy and missing some key working parts. But we helped him get hitched up. Then we left him to it. To be honest, I felt like the whole set up is a death trap, and wouldn’t want to be on the road when they are, but they made it work, and I’m not
Just_Jan
A
thread 5/7
The authority on road safety. As we left his loop, and continued on our walk my husband asked if I had noticed his hat. I had not. He said it was a pro Cheeto hat. My response was, “huh,”.
I will help you if I can, I will likely judge you in my mind, and keep it to myself, but I will help you.
Just_Jan
A
thread 6/7
In the woods, we often say “Campers need to stick together and help each other out.” Campers (people and rigs) come in all colors, shapes, sizes, and when one camper encounters another in distress, there is no discussion about who you worship, vote for or take to your bed. Why is it that doesn’t
Just_Jan
A
thread 7/7
Translate to general life encounters? I’m a simple gal, I believe it should just be a matter of recognizing another human being in need, and reaching out a hand. I am old school, I was taught the Golden Rule and it stuck.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}