Professor Kyle
A
thread 1/9
Going to share a few of my favorite holiday/winter albums! One you might not know: Through the Bitter Frost & Snow by Susan McKeown and Lindsey Horner. So beautiful, & every song's a gem.
#SpoutingMusic
Susan McKeown & Lindsey Horner - Through the Bitter Frost & Snow - YouTube

Track 11 of Celtic Heartbeat - A Winter's Tale.I don't own the track or artwork.

02:32 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
thread 2/9
This group, Nowell Sing We Clear, sings fun, traditional English carols with nice harmonies. Their "Best of Album" has so many great tunes.
#SpoutingMusic
The Wren (The King) - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyThe Wren (The King) · Nowell Sing We ClearThe Best of Nowell Sing We Clear, 1975-1986℗ 1989 Golden Hind MusicReleased on: 1989-0...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 3/9
One you all know: Vince Guaraldi's masterpiece A Charlie Brown Christmas. Nothing tops this album.
#SpoutingMusic
Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental) - YouTube

On December 9, 1965, A Charlie Brown Christmas aired on TV screens across America and instantly captured the hearts and ears of a generation. Bolstering the ...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 4/9
If you like jazz and the piano, An Oscar Peterson Christmas is a must listen.
#SpoutingMusic
Oscar Peterson - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen (Official Audio) - YouTube

Track taken from the album An Oscar Peterson Christmas (1995).Subscribe to Craft Recordings on YouTube: https://found.ee/craft-youtube-subscribeShop the Craf...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 5/9
I adore the simple instrumentation and bright spirt of Pete Seeger's Traditional Christmas Carols
#SpoutingMusic
Rise Up, Shepherd, and Follow - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by Smithsonian Folkways RecordingsRise Up, Shepherd, and Follow · Pete SeegerTraditional Christmas Carols℗ 2003 Smithsonian Folkways Reco...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 6/9
Speaking of jazz keyboardists, Jimmy Smith's organ album Christmas Cookin' blows me away.
#SpoutingMusic
We Three Kings (Of Orient Are) - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupWe Three Kings (Of Orient Are) · Jimmy SmithChristmas Cookin'℗ A Verve Label Group Release; ℗ 1964 UMG Recordings...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 7/9
The Staples Singers 25th Day of December. SO GOOD!
#SpoutingMusic
There Was A Star by The Staple Singers from The 25th Day Of December - YouTube

There Was A Star by The Staple Singers from The 25th Day Of December (The Christmas Album)Recorded in 1962 but then out of print for decades, this is a forgo...

Professor Kyle
A
thread 8/9
Charles Brown's bluesy Charles Brown Sings Christmas Songs is just one standout song after another.
#SpoutingMusic
Charles Brown - Please Come Home For Christmas - YouTube

A mello R&B version; "Please Come Home for Christmas," was hit in 1960 on King Records and remained seasonally popular. Charles Brown was ...

02:32 PM - Dec 11, 2023 (Edited)
Professor Kyle
A
thread 9/9
And finally (because I have other things to do, not 'cause I'm out of albums...), the compilation Clasicos de Puerto Rico, Vol. 4 – recommend a fews back by a friend on Twitter – is the definition of fun, joyful Christmas music.
#SpoutingMusic
Cantares de Navidad - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesCantares de Navidad · Trio VegabajeñoClasicos de Puerto Rico, Vol. 4℗ 2004 Disco Hit Productions℗ 2005 Disco Hi...

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}