Sarah Apfel
A
So what next? Do they arrest & jail her on her return? Send Texas Marshall's after her to kidnap her from the out of state medical facility? Will Abbot & Crenshaw brand her with the letter "A" during a live broaddcast from the statehouse? Am I kidding?

(No paywall)

https://wapo.st/4adJrce
02:43 PM - Dec 11, 2023 (Edited)
Abstracts by Nancy/fbook
A
In response to Sarah Apfel.
Leave Kate alone.
04:41 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Jack Handy
A
If and when she goes back to Texas they're going to arrest her. If she doesn't go back they're going to attempt to extradite her from whatever state she's in. I hope she comes to Michigan because we will tell Texas to go fuck itself. They are going to try to make an example of her.
01:42 PM - Dec 12, 2023 (Edited)
Nancy C
A
My money says they arrest her.
11:22 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Nancy C.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised.
11:23 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Brenda Skates
A
Medical exceptions for Women’s Healthcare have got to be added to the TX law to avoid this issue in the future.
11:18 PM - Dec 11, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
The fact this is even a thing in this day and age shows how far backward thing have gotten. She should sue them for even making her endure such stress. A state wide class action against the Ag and everyone who voted for it. Then make sure not one is ever elected again
10:56 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to #Glassbydeanna.
Absofuckinglutely.
10:56 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Ev Sagan
B
I'm afraid that she will be arrested when she returns to Texas. It would be a great test case because I believe the law is invalid, Americans are free to travel between states for legal purposes, but she's been through enough. Oth, I wonder if she & her lawyers have already thought of it.
10:45 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Ev Sagan.
I'm sure they have.
10:46 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Tony
A
This is all medieval, heartbreaking, there seems to be a collective madness occurring at the moment. But this is the point right? The Christo fascists are forcing their “utopia” on the people & the people overwhelmingly do not want what they’re selling. Vote them out at every level..& keep doing it
07:26 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Tony.
Absofuckinglutely.
07:26 PM - Dec 11, 2023
wishfulexpat
A
07:17 PM - Dec 11, 2023
oceandrop
A
How worrying to think they might arrest her upon return. But it could happen.
06:59 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to oceandrop.
Nothing is too low for these scumbags.
08:55 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
TX abortion ban avoided SCOTUS review by not penalizing the pregnant person. Drs can be criminally charged. & all helpers can be civilly sued for $10k.

I expect that the MAGA cult will make life completely unlivable in TX for #katecox (a life-long Texan who had intended to live out her life there).
06:33 PM - Dec 11, 2023 (Edited)
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
I bet. Fuck fuck fuck these people.
06:38 PM - Dec 11, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
They have always been like that. They just used to hide it. From white folks. Poc have been abused this way for ages and shut out of the system unable to change it. They have been so emboldened there is no need to guess what their agenda is. The time for change was 100 years ago, but now is good.
11:02 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
Good for her decision. TX would've seen that it dragged on to force her to carry, but she didn't have that luxury of time to win her case. From what I'm reading, TX has a cartload of cases from women in similar situations. Texan women are lining up for a series of court fights, leading the charge.
04:21 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Evolve Undefined
A
I don't' know if the TX law allows them to be charged when they return to TX but every woman in every one of these states should keep every receipt. This is a fight- We need a blueprint and precedent to fight these barbaric laws. These Republicans are butchers are fighting for the opposite.
03:21 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Kim Mmmm
A
Definitely some regressive, early american hester prynne style nonsense
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Kim Mmmm.
Absofuckinglutely
04:30 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
With these megalomaniacal sociopaths none of this is out of the question.

They've doubled down every step. I suspect she shall be arrested along with her husband upon her return and charged with murder.

I'm glad she is going to get the health care she needs.
Leroy Jenkins
A
We thought this would happen. Seriously, what will Ken Paxton, Texas AG do now?!
03:15 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Leroy Jenkins.
In a better world he'd never be elected dogcatcher.
04:30 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
I would expect her and her husband to be charged if they return to TX. This has been too public and the TX AG will want to make an example of them.
03:00 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
Sick sadistic misogynist motherfuckers.
03:01 PM - Dec 11, 2023 (Edited)

Only followers of this user (Cblifeisgood) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}