Benedict Scott
A
Google has removed the ability to search results older than a year. This seems like a big deal.

The premise of Google is intuitively understood to be about getting answers and the best site for a question.

But, it has now fully become a "recent opinion/propaganda tool". History is irrelevant.
03:31 PM - Dec 11, 2023
SenorPena
A
In response to Benedict Scott.
Try this:

Before a date: add “before:YYYY-MM-DD” to your search query

After a date: add “after:YYYY-MM-DD”

Here are some Date search operators 👇🏼
04:58 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to SenorPena.
Thanks, and now my option to search custom ranges is back. I've seen Google do this kind of testing before, really makes you wonder why.
05:01 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danalibrariana
A
I just did a few searches on Google and was able to use the tools function to get custom ranges for results going back to the 1980s. You may want to verify you don't have a date limitation set in the tools that's creating those results for you.
04:40 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to Danalibrariana.
hmm... very interesting. I wonder if they are A/B testing like with google maps where they send you down random roads. My tools function only shows - within the last year, and custom is gone.
04:54 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to Danalibrariana.
It's now back on mine. I don't like being tested on, ha. so sketchy.
05:02 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Doctor Michael
A
Is there a source you can link to for this? I’m not finding anything (unless it’s older than a year 😉)
04:36 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to Doctor Michael.
This is just my experience when searching and trying to enter a custom date range. Custom is now gone for me, although someone else told me there's is still available.
04:57 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Vacuous Vixen
A
Maybe it's time to go "Bing!"
03:38 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
In response to Vacuous Vixen.
Or Duck duck go!
04:31 PM - Dec 11, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
In response to Vacuous Vixen.
Bing is the WORST! I did research in my career. I used to use several different search engines to make sure I found everything I could. Never once found a thing using that one.
04:44 PM - Dec 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}