Carol D ☮️
A
I am beyond relieved for Kate Cox, but 1) she never should have had to leave TX to get the medical care she needs, and 2) not every woman has the ability to travel for medical care, so this solves nothing on the broader scale. (And I too am worried that the state will press charges upon her return…)
Sarah Apfel @apfel_sarah
So what next? Do they arrest & jail her on her return? Send Texas Marshall's after her to kidnap her from the out of state medical facility? Will Abbot & Crenshaw brand her with the letter "A" during a live broaddcast from the statehouse? Am I kidding?

(No paywall)

https://wapo.st/4adJrce
02:43 PM - Dec 11, 2023
03:15 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Carol D ☮️.
I fear that ultimately Ms. Cox will be forced to move out of Texas due to the harassment she’s bound to face by both the State and the local media. When will Republicans realize their draconian abortion agenda is HURTING their reelection chances in MANY States? My ❤️ goes out to her and her family.
03:20 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
In response to Yvette.
I’ve wondered if she’ll have to move as well. Yet another punishment she and her family don’t deserve.
03:35 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Yvette
A
The irony is she already has 2 kids, and says she WANTS more. This fetus isn’t VIABLE. This woman is not asking for an abortion be cause the pregnancy is an inconvenience. (There’s nothing inherently wrong with that either, but that’s another issue). She could DIE leaving her kids motherless.
03:41 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Carol D ☮️
A
Absolutely. Clearly the absurdity of picking this case as the one to fight is lost on Ken Paxson. All this will accomplish is convincing more people that these laws weren’t created out of a sense of compassion for anyone.
In response to Yvette.
03:57 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Yvette
A
Ken Paxton should be in JAIL. They tried to impeach him. Texas is full of Republican hypocrites. This whole thing is just a POLITICAL STUNT to Paxton! He doesn’t care about Ms. Cox or her fetus. He just wants publicity for his right wing agenda. It’s despicable.
05:06 PM - Dec 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}