Danielle Johnson
A
thread 1/7
A thread in support of #BrittanyWatts because it feels like a “bare our souls” kind of moment. Kate Cox brought attention to women in need of a medical abortion for an unviable pregnancy, and Brittany Watts is bringing attention to women being persecuted, and prosecuted, for miscarrying
11:02 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 2/7
an unviable pregnancy. My apologies to @Flying2020 for not originally seeing the alignment. Both women were put in precarious positions because of ridiculous laws enacted by a bunch of politicians that claim they are the party of small government yet feel the need to control women’s bodies.
11:16 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 3/7
Seriously? Prosecuting a woman for suffering a miscarriage is malicious. I read that the prosecution’s argument is that she suffered the miscarriage and “then went about her day.” I highly doubt seeking medical attention for hemorrhaging is simply going about your day.
11:23 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 4/7
I was 18 weeks pregnant when I miscarried and, let me tell you, there was a lot of blood, not to mention the debilitating pain. I, too, knew my pregnancy was not viable. My doctor also chose to let my body naturally abort (found out I was pregnant on Friday, Monday’s ultrasound showed no heartbeat)
11:27 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 5/7
2-1/2 weeks later, I woke up in unbearable pain around 3:30 am. As an early am fitness instructor (5:30) I had to call in to cancel my class. If I had not known what I did, I would have had my husband take me to the emergency room because the pain was excruciating (I have a high pain threshold).
11:34 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 6/7
It was nearly two days of pain, and an amazing amount of blood, before I saw my OBGyn again, hopeful that I had passed all necessary “material”; I had not. It was on the edge of the cervix, so my OBGyn mercifully removed it (I live in Illinois). It was one of the most traumatic events of my life.
11:50 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Danielle Johnson
A
thread 7/7
To be prosecuted for your body determining a pregnancy is not viable, and taking care of the “situation” is inhumane, at best. #BrittanyWatts has already suffered enough. #TheEnd
11:56 PM - Dec 11, 2023 (Edited)
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Danielle Johnson.
I can hardly express how much I despise these men who want to control the lives of women to the point of deciding whether they live or die. If a woman dies as a result of their malignant meddling, can we castrate some of these male politicians?
12:49 AM - Dec 12, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
I had a miscarriage in 1972. I hate to think about being afraid to get medical help because I might get prosecuted. I needed a D&C. Without it I might never have had any more children. This is so totally wrong!
12:35 AM - Dec 12, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
Fuck them all. I hope enough Texas women secretly can angry enough to start voting them out. I can't believe they reelected the ghoulish Greg Abbott.
12:51 AM - Dec 12, 2023 (Edited)
Nancy C
A
Unfortunately it also underscores the inequities in options for white women & non-white women.
11:05 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Anastasia Joy
A
In response to Nancy C.
To be fair, white male Republicans are working on rectifying that by making pregnancy life-threatening for ALL women.
12:52 AM - Dec 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}