Christopher Bouzy
A
There are...
Susan A. Kitchens @susan
#Spoutible #CrossPlatform posting tool & #Mastodon :
@cbouzy states only mastodon.social & mastodon.online are supported bc they’re “official” servers (spoiler: there is no “official” server)
https://mastodon.fediverse... shows all servers w/ stats by # of accounts (Lang EN, Yes New users)
02:12 PM - Dec 12, 2023
03:00 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I hope Spoutible eventually supports all of Mastodon. If not, might as well remove the feature as you're likely to upset more Mastodon users than please. For example, I'm on Medium's Mastodon instance and Spoutible's claim it connects to Mastodon is irrelevant to me. @bryanruby " target="_blank" class="inline-link">https://me.dm/ @bryanruby
07:10 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Bryan.
I should end my message on a more positive note, overall love what I see here at Spoutible despite my disappointment that sharing to Mastodon is extremely limited.
07:17 PM - Dec 12, 2023 (Edited)
Lee Bruce
A
In response to Bryan.
I think that is more of a Mastodon problem than a spoutible problem due to how Mastodon decided to set up it's service with all the different servers. Almost like they didn't want to make it easy for others to play nice with them 🤔 😆
06:23 AM - Dec 13, 2023
Bryan
A
No not really. Addressing on Bluesky and Mastodon work similar to email addressing. By only allowing only for a couple servers, the equivalent would be requiring your email only to have a .gmail.com domain to be accepted in the Spoutible community.
In response to Lee Bruce.
07:26 AM - Dec 13, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Bryan.
Most Mastodon servers are set up to represent a community...many of them not well represented or well protected in mainstream social media.
07:31 AM - Dec 13, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Bryan.
Finally, there are plenty of other social media platforms and services that allow the user to connect with their Mastodon server/instance. What Spoutible has provided is a good first step but we need the follow-through.
07:33 AM - Dec 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}