HarlemWriter
A
Where are the other #DIY #skincare #bodycare folks #onhere ?

I bought what I thought was topical #aloevera #gel , but it turns out it's aloe vera #juice that needs to be refrigerated after opening.

Has anyone else use this Jello-like substance in recipes without having to refrigerate?
02:59 PM - Dec 12, 2023 (Edited)
Lady Day
A
In response to HarlemWriter.
This may or may not help, but I have the actual plant, and usually just cut off a piece as needed and use the gel. The piece you cut off will last out of the fridge for a couple of days. It works like a miracle on a burn.
05:17 PM - Dec 12, 2023
HarlemWriter
A
In response to Lady Day.
I use essential oils in some of my products, some of which can double as a preservative.

I think I’ll be okay with the aloe vera gel in concert with other ingredients and it not spoil the product (after shave, example) outside the refrigerator.
06:50 PM - Dec 12, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
I too use essential oils & high potency Vit E as "preservatives" for body care. Most bottled aloe juice & gel have some natural preservatives added to them & 4 me gel vs juice is a preference of consistency & application. Natural care is so much more Alive! than industrial mfg = shorter shelf life.
09:20 PM - Dec 12, 2023
HarlemWriter
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
So … I don’t have to refrigerate my DIY products made with aloe vera gel? 🤗🕺🏿
09:51 PM - Dec 12, 2023
ALIS ITLATOL
A
if the kind you buy says refrigerate then yes refrigerate...I'd research recipes, aloe sources for refridge/not refridge, & make test batches. Call potential sources for formula ingredients. This is what I did when developing my formulas. Is this helpful? LOL
10:22 PM - Dec 12, 2023
HarlemWriter
A
In response to ALIS ITLATOL.
A few reviews on www.vitacost.com mention DIY homeopathic recipes with short life spans (two weeks, maybe).

Yes, test batches in glass bottles and airtight ceramic jar.
12:12 AM - Dec 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}