Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
What do you think he should have done? Tell the class what your suggestion is for all the Western leaders.

He's walking a tightrope.
Jenna @Jenna
Unfortunately I think Biden has really fucked himself with his position on Israel/Gaza. I think he could've pulled off a win before this, but I don't see it happening anymore. As always, I wish we had better choices.
01:20 PM - Dec 13, 2023
01:26 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
It’s amazing how people feel that they can disparage Biden for whatever choice he makes, but can’t look themselves in the mirror and admit if they were in his position they would curl up in the fetal position and just cry.
01:29 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
Yes, but we aren't seeking power at that level. If he wants the job, he should be expected to do it well.
01:36 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Arik Absurd.
So yes you would be in the fetal position if you needed to make the decision he does, or just because you have no aspirations of being president you can criticize choices you have minimal experience and information about?
01:56 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
Yes, the latter. I am under no obligation to make such choices. I am, however, free to criticize his.

This is like the time a Target manager yelled at me to get back to work just because I happened to wear a red shirt.
02:06 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
Everyone is free to criticize, that’s how it works, but when it comes down to it, he’s making the choices that he thinks are best for everyone, and unlike target if he fucks up, a lot of people could die. Critizing and disparaging are not the same thing.
02:18 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
Ok, so what is the defining line between criticizing (which you're against. See spout #1 ) and disparaging (which you're also against)?
02:22 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
Not agreeing with what he does is criticism, saying he’s fucked and will lose the next election is disparaging. The original spout does both. Unless you’re an expert on the Middle East and Israel and Palestine, you’re providing an uninformed opinion.
02:44 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
Disparaging is saying "I don't want him to win". the original person was expressing dismay based on Biden's perceived weakness. "[I think] he's fucked" is an opinion.

Your response was not to correct the (in your view) misconception, but to attack them for their perception.
02:55 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
Attack? That’s a bit extreme. Read their last line again, they’re equating Biden and a piece of shit, disparaging. My response was that people faced with making the same decisions he’s making would crumble under the pressure of the decision.
03:04 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
Yes, they would. But people who are not president don't have to make that decision. Feel free to defend Biden's decisions, but it's asinine to insist that we should accept any decision the president makes because he's president.
03:40 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
At this point you seem like you just want to argue, you keep trying to twist shit. Your opening line of yes they would is where it should have ended.
03:51 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
I’m very comfortable saying I’m not the most articulate person, but you’re just being obtuse. I’m not taking about his decision in regards to student loans, immigration, blah blah blah. Using what’s happening in Gaza as the deciding factor if you would vote for him or not is ridiculous.
03:49 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Arik Absurd
A
Yeah, some people are funny about condoning attempted genocide.

Weird.
05:15 PM - Dec 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}