Tim Graf
A
thread 1/6
My surgery went well, as far as I know. I did get the nerve block, and my doctor recommended that I start taking the pain meds as soon as I was able, so I had the residual anesthesia, the nerve block, and the pain meds all going at the same time.
02:57 AM - Dec 14, 2023
Tim Graf
A
thread 2/6
Although I wasn't in pain, that combination resulted in a dangerous suppression of my autonomic nervous system, meaning that my oxygen levels dipped to scary levels. I ended up going to the ER to see if they would put me on oxygen as I was having a severe anxiety/panic attack over it.
02:57 AM - Dec 14, 2023 (Edited)
Tim Graf
A
thread 3/6
Unfortunately, the ER was completely full, and after spending three hours there without being seen, enough of the meds had worn off that my breathing had improved and I had calmed down a good bit.
Tim Graf
A
thread 4/6
I deceded to just go home, take 800 mg of Ibuprofen, and wait for the rest of the meds to wear off before doing any more. Most of the residual effects of the medications have now gone away, and I am left with a pain level similar if not equal to what I had before the surgery.
02:57 AM - Dec 14, 2023
Tim Graf
A
thread 5/6
I am still using the icewater pump 3-5 times a day, but I'm going to try to get through this with as little prescription pain medication as possible. Obviously I will take it if I need it, but right now, I'm only on Ibuprofen, and that seems to be working fairly well.
Tim Graf
A
thread 6/6
PS: I missed some typos in another post before this one which I am blaming on using my non-dominant hand as well as typing with one finger. 😂
Nellie Pennington
A
In response to Tim Graf.
Glad to hear the surgery went well, but sorry to hear about the breathing scare and ER trip - that sounds a bit terrifying (and frustrating). I hope the ibuprofen keeps things manageable.
11:46 PM - Dec 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}