Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/5
Because of @Goose spouting his daughter’s wonderful creations using tape, it brought to mind a person I worked with, long ago.

She was a delightful woman, full of life and love. I adore her. I noticed something in her hair one day.
09:27 AM - Dec 14, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/5
Maybe I should not have said anything, but I did, because you do don’t you if you see something you don’t think belongs, like toilet paper on the bottom of a shoe or a price tag on someone’s sleeve. “You have some tape in your hair.”

She laughed, “Yes, I tape my bangs up.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/5
” And then she showed me her skirt hem, it was held together with staples.

She was so matter of fact in this statement. I thought about this. She was a dancer, she loved dancing. She was a great baker and would treat the staff all the time to her baked goods.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/5
She had also had a lot of tragedy in her life. Heartbreaking tradedy. Yet she went through each day with smiles and hugs and so much laughter.

It did not matter that she had tape to hold her bangs back, or staples to hold falling down hems.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/5
The only thing that mattered was what she gave of herself, what shone forth from her incredible self, how she treated others and made them feel special.

I miss you Marion, my beautiful dancer friend.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}