Upma Singh
A
I don't know if I'm ready to make this progression yet, but I just want to ask: how do you start (or where do you learn how to) incorporate color work in your #knitting ?
04:43 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Knit Wit
A
In response to Upma Singh.
I started with stripes. The purl side shows puts a loop of the old color over the new color, but the knit side has a clean line. I really like the Hue Shift Afghan pattern, I've made it twice now. Some colorblock patterns in Mason Dixon Knitting, basically knit quilts. Good luck!
12:11 AM - Dec 15, 2023
Pam
A
In response to Knit Wit.
And knitting in the round offers an opportunity to explore and practice the different ways to make jogless stripes.

I use YouTube for quick helpful tutorials. Seems to have a tutorial for every imaginable situation.
11:07 AM - Dec 23, 2023
Paulette Hawkins
A
In response to Upma Singh.
I'm an experienced knitter and crocheter. I always depend upon YouTube for clear, concise explanations for any kind of stitch or technique you want to know about. They're always accompanied by step by step videos showing exactly how to do a stitch or technique.
12:07 AM - Dec 15, 2023
Upma Singh
A
In response to Paulette Hawkins.
I have relied on YouTube to teach me how to get started with knitting. Do you have any favorite people to recommend for color work?
09:54 AM - Dec 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}