Old Salt
A
thread 1/5
#dailypicturetheme #forest I live in a rain forest, a land where the snakes can be over 16 feet long and crush human bones. Snakes are so poisonous that once struck you bleed to death or die from blood clots depending on the snake. We have some of the most aggressive snakes in the world.
09:47 PM - Dec 14, 2023
Old Salt
A
thread 2/5
This brings me to my hero. She is small only about two feet high and weighs about 40 lbs. Teddy is 7 years old, has very limited eyesight due to cataracts, and I use a flashlight at night to help her see and stay alive during toilet breaks.
Old Salt
A
thread 3/5
Tonight as I came up onto my porch, I almost stepped on a snake, neither Teddy or I saw it until the last moment. Teddy bolted into my path nearly toppled me over. She grabbed the snake and began backing away with it in her mouth. Thankfully, the snake turned out to be a large lizard, not poison.
Old Salt
A
thread 4/5
Neither Teddy or I were harmed. But to see her move to save my life with no concern for herself humbles me. Teddy protects me when I have seizures, she wakes me when scorpions climb on my bed. She warns me of danger around my home day and night. She is fearless.
Old Salt
A
thread 5/5
I just want to show everyone my hero, to brag about how amazing this little dog is. I want to recognize her, I want to brag about my friend. She deserves to be acknowledged.
Raven

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}