LH Grant
A
First real job in HS was at Dunkin' Donuts. Don't think I ate another donut for a solid 5 years after I left.......
Karl S the Typo King @KarlS
I do not like Krispy Kreme at all. At my last job there was a guy who would bring them in every Friday, the first time he did I tried one. It was the last one I had too.
03:53 PM - Dec 15, 2023
03:56 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to LH Grant.
Did you partake a little too often while working? Or were you just done with them for a while?
03:58 PM - Dec 15, 2023
LH Grant
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
Started out there at 6am after night baker cleaning kitchen. Within 6 mos I was basically managing the place for the Mob Uncle of the owner who owned several. Split session HS so I only was in school at most from 8 am- 11ish Jr and Sr years. Worked a lot; gave 2 friends my old job Ate many donuts:)
04:13 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to LH Grant.
Damn. I would be afraid of eating too many if I worked at one. In HS I knew three guys who worked at the pizza place close by, I did not get tired of pizza 😂
04:24 PM - Dec 15, 2023
LH Grant
A
Ha! In College we had a buddy, Phil, who worked at a pizza place. He tried a couple of times to bring back pizzas loaded with anchovies (we were young; before I appreciated them). Second time we shot bottle rockets at him in the street before we let him in the building. That ended the topping war.
04:27 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to LH Grant.
I miss bottle rockets, they were so much fun. That’s too funny, I never grew to like anchovies, but the guys I knew hated it when it was added because of the smell throughout the building after they cooked.
04:31 PM - Dec 15, 2023
LH Grant
A
Yep! I actually cook with anchovy paste with some regularity.
04:34 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Frank Jousselin
A
In response to LH Grant.
A must in a decent Cesar dressing:)
04:50 PM - Dec 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}