Andrea Junker
A
I know there is a lot going on, but an unusually high number of CIA agents were killed, captured, or compromised after Trump stole classified and top secret documents about them.

Just thought I should remind everyone of that.
11:35 AM - Dec 16, 2023
Retropian
B
Treason is too narrowly defined. It shouldn't be restricted to times of war. Selling secrets is one thing, selling out intelligence officers who are subsequently killed is quite another. It merits the death penalty.
In response to Andrea Junker.
01:36 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Retropian.
IMO the death penalty should only be applied to heinous crimes & carried out immediately after sentencing by the injured parties/family of victim w/ burial /interment in an unmarked grave.

Otherwise it should be life w/o parole.

Death penalty costs the state too much—endless appeals etc.
01:05 AM - Dec 20, 2023
Bonnie Ivanish
A
In many respects, intelligence officers are in a constant "war" of collecting information crucial to our national security. It's a constant challenge to keep foes at bay. It isn't only on a physical battlefield, & jeopardizing their work by exposing them to danger certainly is treasonous!
04:32 AM - Dec 18, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I would disagree with the last part, as I oppose the death penalty in all cases.

I do believe, however, that Treason in the US is currently too narrowly defined. Aiding an enemy we aren't technically at war with, or conspiring to start a civil war unsuccessfully, should still be considered Treason.
03:35 AM - Dec 18, 2023
Retropian
B
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I’m opposed to the death penalty too actually. I’m just enraged with these traitors. I know cooler heads should prevail. Life in prison works, it might even be worse, but I do like the possibility of a death sentence hanging over their heads. Let them sweat.
07:38 PM - Dec 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}