Christopher Bouzy
A
You are entitled to your opinion, but I strongly disagree. Moderators cannot be everywhere at once, and authors of threads shouldn't be forced to deal with other people's nonsense until it is removed by a moderator. Deleting replies will not be removed, but thank you for your feedback.
Blair Houghton @BlairHoughton
That's what active moderation is for.

Just piling up deletions won't refute their lies.

This feature will be exploited by organized trolls. It will become your biggest security issue.
11:12 AM - Dec 17, 2023
11:36 AM - Dec 17, 2023
DMA Anderson
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
All, if your response is any mix of:

1) How do I eliminate any possibility of experiencing discomfort here?
2) How can I police/control other people's engagement?
3) How do I make my untested opinion a mandate for the site owner?

Stop typing and start addressing your cultural lens and training.
02:36 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
Moderators can't be everywhere at once, but they can review to revert or ignore when the trashcan button is used, same as they review to act or ignore when the report button is used.
01:14 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Chris Puttick
A
If someone posts "covid vaccine makes your people have heart attacks" and in response someone posts the facts plus links to the evidence etc., the ability of the original poster to delete that content is an overwhelming negative.
12:57 PM - Dec 17, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Chris Puttick.
Ah, but you could always report the original poster for spreading misinformation and they'd get a warning.
01:02 PM - Dec 17, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
"A vendor does not have a constitutional right to send unwanted material into someone's home, and a mailer's right to communicate must stop at the mailbox of an unreceptive addressee."

My spout ... my house.
12:21 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to R o K p h i s h.
This isn't your home. This is a publicly accessible communications facility via which you are broadcasting.

Ceteris paribus is not met, stare decisis does not apply, and the irrelevant citation is mooted.
01:25 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Ola
A
👍🏽
11:45 AM - Dec 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}