Kindra Cotton
A
Having a conversation with a friend about the dearth good options on dating apps for Black women, and I'm curious if anyone has curated an app with us in mind specifically? Let's talk about it.
09:57 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Kindra Cotton.
Not that I'm aware. There are apps like BLK that are supposed to cater to Black people but you'll quickly see everyone but. Unfortunately, that's how it always is.
10:01 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Kindra Cotton
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
I've heard that and I'm definitely wondering why there arent better tools for us (preferably created by us). There's so much data and information out there, and it seems like we're wholly ignored, as a group, when it comes to having an app that works in our favor! It's time to work this niche better
03:08 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Kindra Cotton.
Sadly, I think it's because we are the least preferred demographic and I fear that sometimes people who are checking for Black women only do so out of a fetish.
03:11 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Kindra Cotton
A
I definitely think the answer to this is so multi-layered. I read recently that Black women are the least preferred group in the online dating arena, and that sucks, but we still need dedicated attention and focus for those who truly endeavor to love and support us!
In response to Timara (she/her).
04:07 PM - Dec 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}