Bowerydoll
A
Stay in your lane, white man. I know true history, but it's obvious you have a problem facing it. Don't ever run up on a BBIMP and dare say such things about us learning history. You and your people need to face your fragility and learn about the layers of true history in this fractured country.
John Willis @JGW
Lincoln isn't Lincoln w/out Grant winning.
Grant valued all soldiers & didn't discount black soldiers.
Him banishing Jewish merchants from selling to/distracting his troops was something he apologized for & was forgiven by the Jewish leaders of the day.
Learn your history.
He was never the problem.
08:41 PM - Dec 17, 2023
09:19 PM - Dec 17, 2023 (Edited)
Ground Control
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
And fact is, by his own admission, Hiram Ulysses Grant did his share of fuck ups. Those should be acknowledged along with his successes.
10:08 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Ground Control.
Thank you, G.C.🔥 That's another reason why I spouted about that history. His ostrich-like responses are typical of white people who can't stand to learn about the complexities of historical figures like Lincoln, Jefferson and so many others we've been taught to worship like gods. Truth matters.
10:14 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Char
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
Yiiiikes. The audacity of him trying (failing) to school you. Only the unearned and unwarranted confidence of a white man can be responsible for a statement like that.

I'm so embarrassed to be the same colour as that guy, holy shit.
09:25 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Char.
Thanks, Char. It's beyond exhausting. I work with white men like him at my job. Macroaggressions like this are bottomless.
09:28 PM - Dec 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}