Kindra Cotton
A
Having a conversation with a friend about the dearth good options on dating apps for Black women, and I'm curious if anyone has curated an app with us in mind specifically? Let's talk about it.
09:57 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Melissa
A
In response to Kindra Cotton.
Thanks for your post. I think that dating apps are an extremely interesting and bizarre world.
04:32 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Kindra Cotton
A
In response to Melissa.
Agreed. It's interesting and bizarre, but also a statement in the times we live in. "There's an app for everything", so it's not surprising that dating would have one. Just sad they don't work well for certain groups.
04:52 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Melissa
A
I was on 4 dating apps at once until March of this year. A book I read today (Arthur C. Brooks & Oprah) said that dating apps are poor at matching people because they aim for things in common.
09:18 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Kindra Cotton
A
Why is aiming for things in common a bad thing? 🤔 Also, I can imagine they're bad for other reasons (for women at least), but I'm curious about their logic?
In response to Melissa.
10:26 PM - Dec 17, 2023
Melissa
A
They didn't say it was a bad thing, particularly. What they said was having too much in common does not lead to people who are attracted to each other. The best romantic partners compliment each other, not duplicate each other. That's what the studies show.
10:16 PM - Dec 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}