Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I'm about to cry you guys. I found a really good job for me, except it's in Bryn Mawr. If you're from the Philly area you know the distance. I just went to Septa to check how long the trip would be on public transportation. There's basically a bus that goes right there. Commute about an hour.
11:12 AM - Dec 19, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
first of all, CONGRATULATIONS 🎊🍾!! second of all, take a peek to the north at new yorkers-some have 3 hour commutes each way. take advantage of that hour to read, daydream, drink coffee, listen to podcasts. there’s even a bus culture that forms around the regulars which enforces good behavior.
11:56 AM - Dec 19, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
if it’s a quiet bus, very rarely does anyone break the quiet. if it’s a chatty, friendly group, where noise canceling headphones if you’d prefer quiet. sometimes a card game gets going in the rear of the bus.

take the job!
11:59 AM - Dec 19, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I don't even have an offer yet or an interview. I was just spouting about having found it (I meant on a job website) and knowing I didn't have to let the commute keep me from sending my resume. But I did also email the recruiter because we talked in October.
01:15 PM - Dec 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}