Becky Cline
A
thread 1/5
My head hurts from scowling with brows furrowed.
My mother is doubling down on the racism before the holidays.
She was avoiding driving to the local grocery store because of people at the VFW talking about all of the shoplifting going on.
We have shoplifting going on.
But even though the couple of
08:33 PM - Dec 20, 2023
Becky Cline
A
thread 2/5
People caught were white dudes in their 40s, she decided it had to be the small group of black kids who wandered into the store before having to be at school for final exams.

She wanted to know why they were out and about.

I have to inform her that kids had finals and were out and about.
Becky Cline
A
thread 3/5
She wasn't having it.
Then those same kids were riding in carts through the store. This somehow correlated to them not paying for things.

I work with kids all day, she used to work with kids all day, too. These are kids being kids. Riding in a cart, probably not a safety issue and if it is, there
Becky Cline
A
thread 4/5
Are managers for that kind of thing. My God, just get your yeast rolls and go home already.

The guy panhandling out front was the icing on the cake.

I can't be alone out there. There has to someone else out there dealing with similar crap.

And we do call her out on these things, but it is just
Becky Cline
A
thread 5/5
Getting worse.
Claudia Citro
A
In response to Becky Cline.
I don’t know how old your mom is, but this does not improve with age. You could block FOX on her tv. I’ve straight up told some older people to never say “that word’ around me, ever again. Mixed results. Less friends. I’m fine with this. Good luck with your mom.
08:40 PM - Dec 20, 2023
Becky Cline
A
In response to Claudia Citro.
She hates FOX news.
I grew up in a Dem household, but not liberal. She is currently hanging out with small town republicans, though. Their crap was enough to get her anxiety going when I took her with me to Memphis on vacation.
She was certain that the valets stole her car at one point.
09:00 PM - Dec 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}