Misha Ellison
A
It’s a little hard to believe that we STILL don’t have a gorgeous plate of cookies on #SpoutibleBakes .

Ok, let’s get the party started with one from the SUCCESS column and feast on the best goddamned gorgeous chocolate chunk cookies I’ve ever made.
04:33 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Julia Ath
A
In response to Misha Ellison.
This is all I got. Guess I need to get busy and bake some cookies
05:26 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
In response to Julia Ath.
Julia you gorgeous guppy! That is a terrific looking bread. What kind of dough was it?

Feel free to post to the hashtag #SpoutibleBakes . I know several other guppies who need to see this.
05:31 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Julia Ath
A
Oh, it's a sourdough. Do you want some starter?😉
08:44 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
You know Julia. that’s one thing I’ve never done. Never made sourdough, and not even sure what a starter is or why we need it.

Oh wait! “Starter”. It’s used for “starting” something. Right there in the name!
08:58 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Julia Ath
A
A starter is just a mixture of flour and water that is allowed to ferment and then used as a leavening agent, so in place of yeast or baking powder. I here you can use it to make chocolate chip cookies!
01:41 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
Oh! So when using a starter, you wouldn’t use yeast at all?

Do you make your own starter? Do you keep the starter after baking a loaf? How do you keep it? Does the starter get baked with the loaf?

(Now may be a good time to tell you that yes, I was *that* question-asking child)
#sorrynotsorry
01:44 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Julia Ath
A
No yeast, for the most part. This is probably the easiest place to start for how to make a starter and a good simple recipe.
https://ilovecooking.ie/fe...
07:35 AM - Mar 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}