ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 1/6
Biggest Christmas problem I have is earlier in the year my wife had a clear out in the kitchen and binned my folder full of downloaded recipes. Unfortunately my own recipe for my version of chestnut stuffing was amongst them 🙄.
02:55 AM - Dec 22, 2023
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 2/6
Now got to remember proportions. Obviously chestnuts, breadcrumbs and sausage meat. Then there’s orange zest and juice, egg yolk and seasoning plus parsley. Cox’s apple, celery and its leaves but I’m scratching my head to see if I’ve missed something. I’ll have to wing it.
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 3/6
All that said, if that’s my only problem then there’s nothing to worry about considering all that’s going on in the world.
Wishing you all peace and goodwill this Solstice/Christmas however you celebrate this time of year.
May your chestnut stuffing be as tasty as ours.
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 4/6
The missing recipe has been found. On my iPad 🙄
01:47 PM - Dec 22, 2023
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 5/6
Of course, there’s some info missing from the method, put the apples and celery (chopped) and seasonings including chopped celery leaves in before mixing in the sausage meat. Adjust all these combinations to suit your tastes and needs. It makes almost a couple of pounds of stuffing.
02:37 PM - Dec 22, 2023
ANDY FRIZZELL
A
thread 6/6
Here you go, all done and ready to stuff the turkey and some. ~1.2Kg or 2lb 2oz so stuffing balls and a loaf can be made with the rest. Great cold on Boxing Day too.
07:56 AM - Dec 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}