TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 1/8
How does one succinctly tell a story starting from when the protagonist is aged 5 and is now nearly 48 when the protagonist (read: autobiographical author) has memory issues?

I don't know but I'll try, over time, in the following thread.
TriXteR Phillips @TriXteRPhillips
Even small one-time donations of 5, 10, or even 20 dollars will help us reach our goal of relocating to Colorado.

Echoes and quote spouts help as well.

https://www.gofundme.com/f...
04:32 PM - Aug 27, 2023
02:59 PM - Dec 22, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 2/8
I was diagnosed at the age of 42 with PTSD, persistent depressive disorder, and general and social anxiety disorders.

All of which I may have developed as early as five after my parents separation and being subsequently abandoned by my mother so she could start a new life with my two brothers.
11:30 AM - Dec 24, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 3/8
There were other instances of trauma and life situations that would contribute to the worsening of my mental health over the following decades.

For instance, my father was in a car accident that left him with lifelong crippling injuries by the time I was 8, maybe even 10.
11:38 AM - Dec 24, 2023 (Edited)
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 4/8
Then there was the first of two strokes my grandmother suffered that left her disabled within a year or two of my father's accident.
11:41 AM - Dec 24, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 5/8
The daily acts of bullying from my piers starting around the sixth grade that eventually lead me to dropping out of high school just a few weeks shy of my fourteenth birthday.
11:41 AM - Dec 24, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 6/8
Not to mention I spent most of the 9th grade worried about whether or not some older kids from another neighborhood who had taken a disliking to me and took it upon themselves to corner me and force me into a fight.
11:43 AM - Dec 24, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 7/8
That finally ended after two of my friends and myself were confronted and couldn't avoid a fight.

Other than instinctively trying to dodge his many punches and trying to free myself once he pinned me to the ground, I didn't lift a finger to defend myself.
11:45 AM - Dec 24, 2023
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 8/8
Well, that's enough strolling down memory lane for me for now.

TBC.
11:46 AM - Dec 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}