07:50 PM - Dec 20, 2023
Venice Cultural Authority
C
In response to Iron Talon.
I’m with them. Fuck Zionism.
12:29 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Venice Cultural Authority.
Well, it's a short list. As for Hamas' atrocities, they number in the thousands.
12:49 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Iron Talon
A
In response to Blair Houghton.
Really, because Israel has killed over 20,000 people in God knows how many more buried under the rubble. Israel has destroyed an entire city and displaced millions of people but let's talk about Hamas in the black guy they gave Israel. That's much more egregious then the 20,000 dead Palestinians.
01:42 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Iron Talon.
Those 20k comprise Hamas combatants and the noncombatants they were illegally hiding behind.

The noncombatants are Hamas' atrocities. Not IDF's.

IDF doesn't intentionally target noncombatants, and warns them out of the area.

Hamas depends on people not understanding the law to create propaganda.
02:23 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Jenna
A
They *say* they don't target civilians, and they'll continue saying that, but their actions prove otherwise. Will you just continue to believe everything they say without question and ignore reality?
09:58 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Jenna.
You are falling for the fallacy of anecdotal evidence.

Occasional mistakes are made and circumstances contravene plans. IDF will have to explain to ICC why they did that (if it even happened).

If Israel deliberately targets civilians the casualty counts would be hundreds of thousands or millions.
11:10 AM - Dec 22, 2023
Jenna
A
Just curious, is there a line as far as civilian deaths/suffering that Israel could cross where you'd change your mind on supporting their military actions? If so, where is that line? What action is unjustified in your mind? Is there one?
04:10 PM - Dec 22, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Jenna.
There is no "line." There are laws and they aren't breaking them intentionally.

When someone shows IDF is actually acting like they have a policy of terrorism, I'll definitely call them on it, same as I am on Hamas.
06:05 PM - Dec 22, 2023
Jenna
A
Will you call them out on collectively punishing the civilian population by starving them, cutting off their access to clean water and food?
10:04 PM - Dec 22, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Jenna.
They're not doing collective punishment.

They're limiting resources getting to Hamas.

The effect on civilians is caused by Hamas siting themselves illegally within civilian populations.

1/
10:29 PM - Dec 22, 2023
Jenna
A
Ok, you've adequately answered my question and I now know you will excuse any action taken by Israel, regardless of outcome for innocents. There's no point in discussing this further with you.
10:02 AM - Dec 23, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Jenna.
That's not what I said. You've proved you are not rational about a thing you are also ignorant of.

Israel has all the legal and moral authority in this conflict. It is responsibly pursuing the destruction of an obligate terrorist group while upholding international law regarding collateral damage.
10:13 AM - Dec 23, 2023
Jenna
A
It's not what you said, but it's what you meant. You excuse Israel's war crimes, saying they're not intentionally doing it (they are) and it's pretty obvious to me that you will continue to do so. If you can't see what's in front of you, you never will. I'm not going to keep trying to convince you.
12:15 PM - Dec 23, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
In response to Jenna.
Don't lie about me.

I meant what I said.

Israel does not have a policy of terrorism and war crimes. Individuals doing crimes are not Israel and accidents are not crimes.

Hamas by contrast commits war crimes as policy, including putting civilians in harm's way, expecting people like you to
1/
12:19 PM - Dec 23, 2023
Jenna
A
Israel literally controls the amount of humanitarian aid that enters Gaza and hundreds of thousands of civilians are starving. That is a policy of war crimes. Not to mention the MANY attacks on hospitals without sufficient evidence to justify it (it's a very high bar that Israel has failed to meet).
10:39 AM - Dec 24, 2023
Jenna
A
But don't worry, I get it, nothing anyone can say will convince you because as long as Israel SAYS they're trying not to kill civilians, you'll believe them, regardless of what's actually happening. I refuse to be willfully blind to the atrocities committed by both Israel and Hamas.
10:43 AM - Dec 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}