Ale Am
A
“How did Jesus find guys named Peter, John, James, Matthew, Andrew, Phillip, Thomas and Simon in the Middle East?”
Somebody asked me that, This is a fantastic question! that can make you thinking about 🤔 #Christmas
11:18 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Char
A
In response to Ale Am.
I believe the Bible is primarily made up stories, it was oral tradition for a long time before print. If I were being extremely generous, I'd assume they anglicized the names. But I know better.
11:29 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Char.
Yes, what you say is clearly correct, and in light of everything we have seen, especially in recent times, of the squalid and narrow-minded manipulation of the Catholic and Christian religion in general, some doubts are allowed and it is healthy to have them
11:31 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Char
A
In response to Ale Am.
For sure! I actually find it all quite interesting. I majored in history, particularly in events that influence society, so I'm interested in how religion moulds things as well.
11:46 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Char.
It must be noted practically throughout time religion has been quite constantly used and manipulated in order to control, oppress and direct as best and most they could
11:50 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Char
A
In response to Ale Am.
Absolutely. Look at various countries in Africa, or the Phillipines as examples. The large population of Christians & Catholics in those areas to this day tells us a lot. Where colonization goes, so does religion.
11:53 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Char.
Exactly and this is what I would like to highlight, how religion is used as an instrument of power to oppress. And this frankly for me is a Red Flag that distances me from a possible possibility of joining one of them
11:56 AM - Dec 25, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
You'd be pretty safe with most Unitarian Universalist congregations. Their core value is questioning everything (while being very accepting of every instantiation of faith of whatever kind, or lack of faith, including & definitely embracing atheists). They are an interesting, refreshing bunch.
In response to Ale Am.
12:46 PM - Dec 25, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
Certainly an interesting way of seeing, I have always tried to have an approach based on proven historical & scientific data, keeping alive & constant critical sense as opposed to trying in any way to find a group or followers in which I can recognize myself. It’s important to understand & research
12:54 PM - Dec 25, 2023 (Edited)
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Ale Am.
Where has your research taken you deepest?
01:26 PM - Dec 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}