Caryl D
A
In response to Nyah M.
Up until the 1990s, Clinical (allied heath/ MSW, PT, OT, SLP, PsyD) programs at universities REQUIRED students to attend full time only.
This was a way to block students of color from clinical degrees.
Q: In 1990s what was the ratio of nurses of color vs clinicians
Internet&shortages changed it all
08:36 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Ericlo
A
In response to Caryl D.
#The1619Project
Ch. 15, HEALTHCARE J. Interlandi
Pg 393
"White doctors helped widen the gap even further: professional societies like the American Medical Association (AMA) allowed Black doctors to be excluded, medical schools barred Black students, and most hospitals and health clinics segregated"
08:53 PM - Dec 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (AriesWanderer) can see their posts

Only followers of this user (AriesWanderer) can see their posts

Ericlo
A
In response to Nyah M.
#The1619Project
Preface, ORIGINS by Nikole Hannah-Jones
Page xxx
"But for Black Americans, the traditional origin story has never rung true. Black Americans understand that we have been taught the history of a country that does not exist."
02:07 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Nyah M.
Add to the list: We celebrate Brown v. Board, but don’t talk about how we used it as an excuse to close Black schools and fire Black teachers, to the point where 40 years later, most Black kids make it through high school without every having a Black teacher, and with predicable outcomes.
01:15 PM - Dec 26, 2023
darryl
A
In response to Nyah M.
Thank you
01:14 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Jodi B
A
In response to Nyah M.
I have to admit that I didn't know as much about racism as I thought I did. I've learned so much on Spoutible & I'm grateful for it, but I'm also angry. History has been rewritten & it's wrong! I talk to people about what I've learned here. Most don't want to hear it, but I'm going to keep talking.
12:51 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Dad For Ever
A
In response to Nyah M.
Tommie Smith was NOT stripped of his medals.

Truth matters.
12:37 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Nyah M
A
In response to Dad For Ever.
Yes...Truth matters.

I did not write the meme...Only posted it...If there are any inaccuracies, all the more reason the truth must be taught.
01:21 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
In response to Nyah M.
It’s true! I looked it up & you are 100% correct.

https://encyclopediavirgin...
12:36 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister.
An excellent read on that topic. The first bio of “Thunder Thighs” written by a woman.
08:22 AM - Dec 27, 2023
randy gold
B
In response to Nyah M.
great post. I grew up believing that black people were dangerous. It was fed to me in overt and subtle ways every day. I never realized there was an agenda until I got older.
12:03 PM - Dec 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}